Wood Farm Colliery was worked from 1848 up to 1934 and is situated at SJ 986 015 north of Wood Lane, the western continuation of Willenhall Lane. It had no less than 40 shafts and covered 144 acres. Its history is somewhat complicated in respect of the companies involved as this, and Bloxwich Colliery to the west, were worked by a succession of companies using the name of each alternately. A bit like a game of ping pong whereby as one went bust it would be taken over by the other.
What is certain is that the 1911 deluge which inundated its neighbour, Bloxwich Colliery, did the same to this one and the Wood Farm Colliery Company was similarly forced into liquidation, after which is was worked spasmodically on a small scale by a succession of owners.
Today, the site is easily accessed by a path which runs alongside a scrapyard, on the right through the stile was the main colliery area which itself was a scrapyard in the 1960s. Proceeding along the path an open area of scrubland is gained. However the remains of a building shown on the map can be easily found alongside the path on the right, basically, all that remains.