This mine, situated right in the heart of the heavily developed Mount Hawk, worked a NNE-SWS trending lode and is only shown on paper in the 1870 Symons map of St Agnes. Its origins however exist much earlier as in 1766 Marazion resident, merchant and swindler, George Blewett was made to provide equity in redemption of a failed mortgage for tin bounds of this name. Earlier history than this is not known, nor to whom the toll of these bounds were paid however (Mount Hawke was not a Duchy tenement) watch this space for updates.
The lode, which it shares with East Wheal music to the NE, is geologically separated from the Wheal Ellen/Music group by a large crosscourse which passes directly under Towan Cross.
Data courtesy of Ben Sum, Helston (1/10/18)
NB: CRO = Cornwall Records Office, Truro (Soon to be Kressen Kernow, Redruth)
Symons, R, 1870 "Map of the St Agnes Mining District" R Symons & Son, Truro
[CRO] Assignment of Equity of redemption, Lands of George Blewett of Marazion 1766