Located between Marple and Glossop high on the moors this isolated mine was worked for both coal and fire clay. It was worked from a single adit driven by Ebor Mullineux in 1940. The mine had a complicated history being operated by James grogan in 1950, Alfred Gee (ex employee) from 1952 to 1977 who worked the mine on his own! He sold the mine to T.lodge and G.Du Feu who took over in June 1978. By August 78 Mr Du Feu was working the mine totally on his own which he did until closure in early 1981, this included hand mining, tramming, winching and a huge 445 yard surface tram to the coal tip!!!!. By July 81 the site was abandoned and tracks lifted, the adit approach cutting part filled although the portal was still visible. By August 1983 the area was lanscaped with only the office building remaining.
The coal produced here was a high quality coking coal from the compstall Two Feet Seam, small coal was sold periodically to Agecroft Colliery near Manchester.