Very early workings in the Llynypandy area date from the 1720s, the period of the Quaker company. The Llynypandy Vein ran eastwards from the River Alun. Smith (1921) illustrates the shafts along the vein as Mountain, South Shaft, Perrin's, Watkin's, Andrew's, Hodson's, Conqueror of Wales and an adit level on the River Alun. The mine was worked intensively from early nineteenth century and the rich seams made it feasible to construct in 1820, the costly Leete system that ran along the Alyn Valley. The mine remains lie on the East side of the Alyn Gorge in areas mainly of dense woodland and pasture. Shafts along the vein can be identified at SJ19486564, possibly Mountain Shaft; a shaft substantially capped at SJ19616568, possibly South Shaft; Perrin's Shaft at SJ19706570 and a shaft at SJ19996570, possibly Hodson's. Other shafts and mounds identified in the area are at SJ19436541, SJ19786589, SJ19816571, SJ20406595 and SJ20356610. At SJ20106580 and SJ20206575, two shafts lie in overgrown woodland on land attributed to HHM & T Co Ltd Concrete Structures. Other shafts now lie on the site occupied by the Caravan Park, which would have related to Llynypandy South and the older Rhydalyn Mine, can be identified at SJ19746536, SJ19816537, SJ19826535, SJ19716523 and SJ19436541. The mines in later years were unwatered by the Halkyn Tunnel, which reached the sett by 1901.
The converted house at SJ19706565 was an 18th century Llynypandy Pumping Engine House of the John Wilkinson period