Design and construction of the mine "Ziemowit" taken during World War II. Dig the ventilation shaft was started on July 29, 1940., And the main shaft 2 October 1942. The mining area assigned to the mine site bordered with step Piast and stretched towards the south. In 1952., December 3, the eve of the feast of the mining, Coal Mine "Ziemowit" started production. Since then, the ledzinski ground, working side by side, ledzinski mines "Hubs" and "Ziemowit" gave tremendous impetus to the development Ledzin and surrounding areas, making it a major employer in the area. In 1972. both mines was transformed into a mining plant called "Ziemowit" the extraction of up to 16,000 tons of coal per day, creating the largest mine, not only in Poland but also in Europe. Dig wells (1976) and the launch of operation of the deck 209 Level III - 650m (1978), helped to increase production to 27 000 tons of coal per day (1984r.), resulting in 1986 "Ziemowit" the leader in the Polish mining to the extraction of up Over 7 000 000 tons of coal per year. Adapting the mine to operate in a market economy and its continuing growth makes today a mine in a number of the largest and most mines in the country. From February 1, 2003. mining plant is included in the Coal Company SA, the largest mining company in Europe.