Parish: STOKE CLlMSLAND
also known as: Cornwall great consols
Data courtesy of Roy Fellows and Roy Morton, Description by ferret
Acknowledgements: to H.G.Dines, B.Acton/K.Brown, for historical data.
one of the main mines of the "hollow hill" as its often locally known. not that many remains can be found here today: a stack and the area that once contained a very fine engine house (leveled in the 1970's) can be seen today and as the whole of kit hill is open to the public can be visited anytime. the shaft is now filled and fenced but some buddles, few scant remains of stamps and dressing floor and traces of the balance and angle bob pits remain.
worked from 1870-1883 for tin on a north dipping lode on the south of the hill hill complex the main shaft was driven to 52fms (this may well have been the extension of the great south lode of nearby Redmoor mine)