This mine worked a NW-SE trending pipe vein. The first records of work on the Hubberdale pipe relate to a dispute in the 1660s, in the 1730s the mine partners stuck an agreement with the Whale Sough company to extend the sough up to the mine. The sough struck an extremely rich cross-pipe in 1767, and over the next few years a profit of over £21,000 was made. The mine declined after that, a further trial down-dip was made at Two Gins shaft in the 1790s. John Taylor got involved in the 1840s and used a steam engine for pumping at Devonshire shaft (now infilled), but very little ore was found and the mine was effectively abandoned not long after.
The tail of the sough is still visible in Deepdale and is accesible for some distance, but it is blocked well before it reaches the Hubberdale workings.