Bounded by the Sarn Helen Roman Road on the north and the Afon Gamallt brook on the south, this sett was recorded as for "Silver, Lead & Slate" in a prospectus issued in 1890. Mentioned also is a copper trial within these bounds which was not worked as part of that particular venture. The geological memoir revealed flattering assays of copper which was never worked in modern times.
The pinpointed location here corresponds roughly to the outcrop of the lead lode and has been taken from a prospectus in the custody of the Clwyd R/O.
Data courtesy of Ben Sum, Helston, Cornwall (9/7/18).
Bick, D, 2003 "The Old Copper Mines of Snowdonia" Landmark Publishing Ltd
Ordnance Survey, County Series, Second Edition (1901)