Outcrop (beme) and above-adit underground workings to the east of the major medieval tin mine of Birch Tor/Vitifer. In 1848 this was being worked as East Birch Tor Tin Mine; in 1851 this was amalgamated with the sett of Devon Great Tin Croft immediately to the south. By 1905 the Ordnance survey - possibly for want of a formal title - had named this group of workings "Headland Tin Mine"; taking this name from the tenement on which it sits.
Jenkins, A K H, 1974 "Mines of Devon: Southern District" Vol.1, David & Charles, Newton Abbot
Ordnance Survey, County Series, Second Edition 1905