The Dover to Martin Mill mineral single track standard gauge railway was constructed between 1898 and 1899 from Martin Mill on the Dover to Deal line to a point on the cliffs above the now Eastern Docks at Dover. The line was initially built to deliver sand and gravel to the docks construction site. A later (1909) 3ft 6in tramway was used to deliver chalk from the cliffs to the docks site for infilling purposes.
To view the location details and the Google Map please sign in or register an account.
Click below to download documents, plans, surveys etc. for Dover - Martin Mill Chalk Railway.
Dover - Martin Mill Chalk Railway belongs to the Kent region.