Data courtesy of Roy Fellows and Roy Morton
After EWC closed in 1854 a new cost book Company was formed called South Wheal Crofty. The original sett of EWC was to be worked as North Wheal Crofty, and basically it was the old Trevenson Mine under yet another name. In the beginning NWC was more productive than SWC but that changed over the years.
In a nutshell, the late EWC was worked as four setts, NWC, SWC, WC (briefly) and East Seton.
In 1906 the old SWC cost-book company was converted into a modern limited liability company, South Crofty Ltd. Between 1854-1906 SWC had produced 5,080 tons of black tin and 36,908 tons of 25% copper.
For the complete history see:
J.A.Buckley “The History of South Crofty Mine”.