Formed by the merger of Tincroft and Carn Brea Mines in 1896. Tincroft had absorbed the Southern part of Cooks Kitchen in 1895 thus making this mine a huge concern in 1896. The mine became Ltd by 1900.
As at 1913 all sections of this mine had closed apart from the North Tincroft sett. By 1917 the mine was generally know just as Tincroft but final closure soon followed with all work ceasing underground in 1921. However some re-working of dumps etc continued to around 1926 when the stamps engine was stopped.
Rems: North Tincroft has been obliterated by modern building and is lost below a superstore, however South Tincroft has 2 conserved engine houses at SW668407. One housed a Cross Compound Single Stage Air Compressor Built in 1859, and next to it the 2nd Engine house had a double acting 26" Whim/Man Engine. It is believed this was to draw from Dunkins and Downright Shafts in the early 1860's but Dunkins soon became the man engine shaft. This was operating down to the 142 Fm level by 1874 and 170 Fm by 1880. It was out of use as a man engine by 1891.
Carn Brea section remains are scant mainly comprising of a ruined Stamps engine house and stepped stack at SW676409.
See TINCROFT MINE, see also NORTH TINCROFT, SOUTH TINCROFT