Beech Cave is actually a small pillar & stall sandstone mine - see PDMHS Bulletin Vol 9, No. 6, 1986, A Survey of Beech Cave, Staffordshire, by Terry Middleton. There are 6 interlinked entrances some up to 50m in length. There is much evidence of recent fires and graffiti. The mine possibly dates back to 17th Century as there are records from the Trentham Estate recording payment for transport of stone from Beech in the 1600's. Was possibly used by the military during WW2 for the storage of munitions.