Wheal Peevor Stamps Engine House Plaque

The plaque for Wheal Peevor Stamps Engine House reads:
A 36 inch rotative beam engine was erected here in 1876 to power Cornish stamps for crushing ore, during the mine's second working in 1911, the building was altered to accommodate a horizontal gas-oil engine to drive equipment on the new dressing floors, including 20 heads of Californian stamps.

This photograph is by LeeW and was uploaded November 4th 2011. © LeeW please do not copy or distribute without prior express permission.

www.aditnow.co.uk