Adjacent to the mine workings, there stood this small chapel with adjoining house (to the right) where in 1892 a boulder of about 20 tons crashed through the back of the chapel. So the story goes... At the time the rock fell, around 5pm, five persons in the adjoining house were preparing a wake for a William Morris who lay in his coffin next door. No one (alive at the time) were hurt. A new chapel with an attached house now stands across the road.
This photograph was uploaded November 4th 2019 by TwllMawr.Copyright / re-use statement: Creator unknown. Reproduced with the permission of Casgliad y Werin Cymru/Owner: Private Collection (Robin Williams)