The goods shed was constructed on a reverse-curve spur dating from 1884 from the Kilmar Junction Railway that crossed the road nearby. Although the LCR was 'temporarily' closed with the rails lifted from here to Moorswater Shed in 1917, the line was not formally abandoned by the GWR until 1931. This goods shed remained intact until at least 1947, when it appeared in good repair in a photograph taken by L R Copeland of the GWR Gloucester Divisional Engineer's staff. The album of Copeland's pictures is held by Gloucestershire County Archives. The shed siding runs in from the L onto a raised bank of granite blocks and the goods platform ramp remains are clearly visible. Enough of the foundations remain to confirm the size of this shed.[Updated 13 December 2019]
This photograph is by Alec and was uploaded October 28th 2008. © Alec please do not copy or distribute without prior express permission.