An important junction on the L and CR. The Minions (Rillaton) goods spur of 1884 diverges uphill to the R; the branch downhill to Phoenix United mine diverges L; and the 'main line' round Caradon Hill to Tokenbury is straight ahead. This actually comprises a stub of the 1858 Kilmar Railway which merges with the Kilmar Junction Railway.In the bracken between the 'main line' and the goods spur can be found a Kilmar Railway quarter-milepost, distances measured towards Sharptor from the junction with the 1844 L and CR route in Minions village. All Kilmar Railway mileposts were reassigned by the GWR with distances chained from Buller Quay at Looe and the milepost at this specific location is the GWR Sixteen and Three-Quarter marker.
This photograph is by Alec and was uploaded October 28th 2008. © Alec please do not copy or distribute without prior express permission.