This is the second (later) line to the quarry, opened in 1871 to allow Freeman and Co to extract granite from greater depth. The metals were lifted in 1916 with Freemans paying the GWR for a wayleave to use traction engines and trailers to haul granite to the road at Minions. If the GWR relaid the metals, Freemans were obliged to reballast and make good. Photo taken 1964.
This photograph is by Alec and was uploaded July 21st 2010. © Alec please do not copy or distribute without prior express permission.