One of the most 'complete' stretches of the L and CR in relation to the survival of granite sleeper blocks and lineside infrastructure. Not far from this site is a Kilmar Railway half-mile post (measured from the junction with the L and CR at Minions) which was re-allocated by the GWR with a distance chained from Buller Quay at Looe. By the time of the GWR take-over of the L and CR in 1909, this stretch of line was disappearing under vegetation, although the rails were in place: only a short section from Minions was in use as a headshunt to access the Goods Shed and the Cheesewring Siding line.
This photograph is by Alec and was uploaded April 28th 2009. © Alec please do not copy or distribute without prior express permission.