> AditNow 2016 Photography Competition
AditNow 2016 Photography Competition
The AditNow photo competition is back after a bit of a break!
The subject of the competition is Mine Exploration. Interpret this however you like!
The competition is open to underground and above ground photographs of disused mines, UK and international.
2013 1st Prize Winner
Just to give you a taste of previous years, here's the winning photo from 2013 - Danby Level Lead Mine by pringledude.
Here's to a fun competition and lots of quality photographs!
We have some great prizes sponsored by some very kind people in the underground exploration community.
First prize is an awesome Wisdom KL12MS LED lamp and charger.
OK, we'll concede this lamp is no bat-cooker, but it has a very respectable output of 360 lumens and will run on full power for 13 hours. A perfect lamp for long trips or weekends away when you don't want to worry about running out of battery power, and it is IP67 rated.
The 1st Prize is sponsored by CapLamps.co.uk.
Second prize is actually two prizes! A copy - a signed copy in fact - of the wonderful Castleton Mines - A Descriptive & Visual History (ISBN: 978-0-9563473-6-7) by JH Rieuwerts and Phil Wolstenholme; and a fantastic Fenix PD35, a 960 lumen pcoket size flashlight.
The 2nd Prize is sponsored jointly by Phil Wolstenholme and ABC Powermarine.
Third prize is a £50 voucher from our favourite mobile and online caving and mine exploration gear shop - Starless River - to spend on anything you like from their store.
The 3rd Prize is sponsored by Starless River.
(books shown for illustration only)
The Moore Books Prize - For Excellence in Mining Surface Photography
The Moore Books Prize awards excellence in the photography of mining surface remains, it is offered courtesy of Moore Books and acknowledges the importance of recording surface, as well as underground remains.
The prize is an assortment of books of Mike Moore's choosing to a value of £60.00.
The Moore Books Prize is sponsored by Moore Books.
Here are the rules, we've tried to keep them as simple and short as possible.
- The competition runs from 1st October 2016 until the end of the day on December 31st 2016.
- The competition is open to all AditNow site members, excluding site administrators.
- You may enter up to 3 photographs (so you can enter, 1, 2 or 3), you will be judged on the one we like best.
- You may change or edit your entry right up to the close of the competition.
- To be eligible for entry photographs must be:
- Uploaded to AditNow (we will not judge images linked from other web sites),
- Uploaded to the correct mine (please use the site's search facilities to locate the mine),
- Have a brief caption explaining where the photo was taken.
- Put your entries into a thread in the forum 2016 Competition forum.
- (a sample entry can be viewed here)
- Photos will be judged on a mix of photographic merit, historic interest and relevant to the subject matter.
- The judges decision is final.
- Photographs displaying excessive post-processing / manipulation may be excluded from judging.
- Don't trespass, don't break in anywhere and don't tell us you can't caption your photo because it's somewhere sneaky - keep the competition to photos of places that are OK to access please!