White Rock was the third copper smelter to be sited at Swansea and was the first to be located on the east side of the river. It was founded by an old Bristol brass and copper making concern in 1737.
In recent years some of it has been excavated, including passages inside Smith's Canal Tunnel which ran directly into the main White Rock Copperworks smelting house to facilitate the delivery of coal from canal boats.
Source: COPPEROPOLIS-Landscapes of the early industrial period in Swansea.
The site is now the White Rock Industrial Archaeological Park.