Taking a walk across Perran beach, one traverses the ancient tin mines of Droskyn to the Tudor lead mines of Ligger. The first such examples of the latter to be met with when travelling north is Wheal Mary.
This mine is recorded prominently in the district throughout the mid 19th century on mapping, however no detailed underground plans exist for the mine itself. Two lodes (themselves the continuation of the Penhale/Golden Lodes) were worked for lead, and a crosscourse - which is visible as a rocky outcrop rising above the sand dunes 1/2 way along the beach - from which an adit was driven from adjacent high tide level.
The remains solely exist in the form of a few obliterated shafts in the middle of the towans and the odd spoil heap.
Data coutesy of Ben Sum, Helston (12/5/18)
Brenton, E H, 1869 "Map of the Chiverton Mining District", Truro
De La Beche, 1839; Smyth, W, 1866; 33, Ordnance Survey 1 Inch, with Geological Annotations