The University of Queensland Experimental Mine is on the site of the former Indooroopilly and Finney's Hill lead workings. The Pb-Ag deposit was discovered in 1918 by Olsen and Madden. A number of shafts and open-cuts were subsequently developed. The mine(s) finally closed in 1929 after producing some 1,800 tons of lead and 227,000 oz Ag. Ownership of the site ultimately passed to the University of Queensland. The workings were then rehabilitated for training purposes and are still in use today.