Tincroft Mine consisted of two small former copper mines dating back to the 18th Century, these being North Tincroft and South Tincroft. In reality these mines were worked together but as seperate ventures from 1815 to 1896. Tincroft absorbed the southern section of Cooks Kitchen in 1895 and in turn merged with Carn Brea Mine to and form Carn Brea And Tincroft, this company subsequently becoming Carn Brea & Tincroft Ltd around 1900.
See Carn Brea and Tincroft Ltd for post 1896 history.
Output for Tincroft Mine upto 1896 (Nth & Sth): 112,700T Copper, 32,972T Tin and 6,530T Arsenic.
Rems: North Tincroft has been obliterated by modern building and is lost below a superstore, however South Tincroft has 2 conserved engine houses. One housed a Cross Compound Single Stage Air Compressor Built in 1859, and next to it the 2nd Engine house had a double acting 26" Whim/Man Engine. It is believed this was to draw from Dunkins and Downright Shafts in the early 1860's but Dunkins soon became the man engine shaft. This was operating down to the 142 Fm level by 1874 and 170 Fm by 1880. It was out of use as a man engine by 1891.
See North Tincroft, South Tincroft.