The Tamar Smelting Works at Weirquay, in the parish of Bere Ferrers, Devon, is a surviving silver-lead smelter (1836, Tamar Smelting Company) at Weir Quay. Adjoining the eastern end of the smelter site is the Union Tin Smelter.
This lead/silver smelter is on the Devon bank of the River Tamar, three kilometres north-west of Bere Ferrers parish church.The smelter perimeter wall has a frontage of 300 metres on the Gullytown road, broken by an entry into the eastern portion of the site now used as a house - Fern Cottage - and a west facing frontage of 100 metres on the Hole's Hole road. The west frontage is formed by the former offices - now a house called Treyard - and the main entrance gates into the smelter yard. There is a very full history on the Weir Quay Smelter by Dr Peter Claughton although the GR is wrong.