Silverband low Level and Silverband High Level were driven by the London Lead Co looking for lead but the mine was far more important later as a barytes working. The L.L.Co. working was reopened by B Laporte & Co and large scale replacement of the limestone wallrocks was found between veins earlier worked for lead. Caverns were discovered associated with Slope and Loppysike Veins, these providing some free drainage to the mine botom. Laportes worked the mine from 1939 - 1963, in the 1970's Mr H Taylor aquired it and some opencast work was done. In 1983Crag and Curtiss took over the property and more opencasting took place but the site has now been closed and landscaped with very little leftf to see.