The Ruddygore mine lies 2 miles northeast of Chillagoe and comprises a 'porphyry' style copper mineralised zone in metasomatized gradnodiorite. The mineralisation was low grade and disseminated and very different to most other deposits in the Chillagoe district.
The mine was worked between 1896 and 1907 producing ore from a number of open cuts and associated shafts. Most ore was produced from shallow depths but the lowest level was at some 100 metres below surface. Recorded production is 32,750 tons of ore yielding 1,450 tons of Cu metal. Mined grade was probably of the order of 1.5% Cu but was upgraded to ca. 3.9% Cu by hand picking.
The open-cuts and shafts are now flooded at very shalllow depth. Other than substantial waste dumps of granite there is little in the way of surface remains. Two engine/winder foundations exist but it is not immediately obvious which shaft they serviced.