The Poldice Tramway was built in 1809 as a plateway to connect the copper mines at Scorrier and Poldice to Portreath harbour on the north coast. It was horse-powered, and although it greatly improved transport of ore to the coast compared to the previous means, it was a technological cul-de-sac beign a plateway, and was superceded by more efficient lines such as the Redruth and Chasewater, and Hayle Railways. Nevertheless, the line struggled on for many years.
Portreath: Some Chapters in its History, Michael Tangye (1984)
"Portreath and its Tramroad", published in "Essays in Cornish Mining History Vol.2" by D.B.Barton, (1970)