Lamb & Moore, coal proprietors, Newton Colliery, Scot lane.
First shown on the 1894 map & still working in 1909 but gone by 1929.
1908 Manager; Thomas T Mawson Under manager; A Hutchinson.
153 worked below ground, 14 above.
Newton Colliery was linked to Lamb & Moore's other colliery 'Meadows' on Frog lane by a mineral railway.
Newton Pits No.2 & No.3 were located a little to the North at SD566055. They also were first show on the 1894 map, being shown as disused by 1908.