The shaft was sunk from 1923 onwards . Intially it was in the New Dolcoath Sett but that closed in 1930 for lack of new investment. It wasn't very successful producing 170 tons of tin, 20 tons of Wolfram and some arsenic. South Crofty took over the shaft in 1936.
The shaft circular, 610m. Old headframe had been dismantled for WWII scrap. Shaft used as upcast for Crofty together with Taylor’s shaft.
Refurbished 1994 with electric winder & became South Crofty 2nd
egress when Robinson's shaft closed 1996.