Neew Ingleton Colliery was sunk by the New Ingleton Collieries Ltd. Work commenced on sinking the No.2, downcast shaft in late summer 1912, followed by the No.1, upcast shaft in July 1913. The first coal was wound on September 26th 1914. By 1919 the output from the Six Foot seam was about 2,200 tons a week, whilst from 1921 working was concentrated in the deeper Four Foot seam and later the Yard Seam. Production ceased in February 1936 due to geological and economic problems and salvage continued until 1940.
For a detailed history see: British Mining No.76 Ingleton Coalfield, by John Bentley with B.R. Bond & M.C. Gill.