To the North of the A500 South of Kidsgrove. The mine was operated by the Great Row Colliery Company Ltd. It was very rural in location being in open farmland, very near the remains of Peacock Hay mine (1920's - 1933). No 4 mine was opened in 1962. The main adit ('Coal drift') went down at 1 in 3 for 200 Yards to the working seam, this being the Spencroft Seam approx 5' 9" tall. the winder for this incline was made by Francis Lane Ltd of Brierly Hill and fitted with a 50HP BTH motor. The mine finally closed in 1989 and the site was cleared.