Shown on old maps as “Cwm Mynach Mine”, the mineral stats indicate that it was only worked for the 8 years 1882 until 1890.
At the time of writing trees and forestry plantation are rapidly obscuring what is left, and interpretation is difficult.
Easily reached by virtue of the forestry roads, a flat area in the valley has the remains of a building and an area of fines. Crossing the concrete bridge, the main adit of small dimensions is well hidden in the right hand bank next to the road. Taking the next turn to the right, a run in shaft is on the right amongst the trees between the two forestry roads, while it’s associated wheelpit in the left above the road. This shaft is where the level ends at a total collapse.
Slightly higher a fenced off depression may indicate another shaft or the head of a stope.