Lamb & Moore, coal proprietors, Newton and Meadows Collieries; Chief Office, 186 Frog lane.
First shown on town plan map of 1890 & still there in 1909 but completely gone by 1929.
10 Feb 1882. One man killed and another seriously injured by the explosion of a shot.
The colliery was linked to Lamb & Moore's other colliery Newton by a mineral railway.