Opened near Goytre , Port Talbot approx, 1909.
From National Library of Wales.
"BIG COLLIERY DEAL Messrs. Davis and Sons, Ferndale, bave purchased the Lewis-Rhondda Colliery, in the Duffryn Valley, Port Talbort, the taking comprising the rich area of the South Wales coalfield lying between Bryn and the Celluloid Works, within a mile and a half of Port Talbot Docks. It also includes a considerable portion of the coal under Margam Mounto.in. where all the test- yielding seams are to be found, as proved by the Morfa and Aberbaiden Collieries. The quarries in the immediate vicinity axe also being taken over. The vast coal-yielding area indicated is now in the hands of Messrs. Davis and Sons, Messrs. Vivian, and Messrs. Baldwin. Mr. Godfrey Williams, of Aberpergwm, was one of those deeply interested in the Lewis- Rhondda Colliery."
Still partly standing when visited in late 60s with both shafts capped and fan drift walled off at entry to shaft.
Possibly one of the shaft caps.