Kingshill No 2 Colliery was in the parish of Cambusnethan at Forth. It was sunk in 1931 by the Coltness Steel Co Ltd for Coking, Gas, House and Steam Coals. The mine closed in 1963 and was abandoned by 1975. Its peak workforce was 686 and the peak year of production was 1954. It was worked by 1 shaft (downcast with forcing fan) with a return at Climpy Mine which was an incline to surface of 128m at 1 in 1.2
At 1948 out put was 640T per day with longwall working and 589 employees. The mine had 3 screening table and a baum type washer. Baths were added in 1929 and a canteen and a first aid room added. Power was supplied from the public supply. The mine operated and was connected to Kingshill No 1.