Description by ICLOK
Worked 1841-1884 approx. Output 37,500 T Copper. 1 mile Sth of Upton Cross
Glasgow Caradon Mine, originally called Tokenbury Mine and even Yolland Consols, is located approx threequarters of a mile southeast of the summit of Caradon Hill. It lies and lies on the southeastern slopes and was bounded by South Caradon Mine to the southwest and East Caradon Mine to the northwest.
The name of the mine came is derived that of the Secretary Mr. David Dunlop of Glasgow but also from the success of nearby South Caradon Mine. It seems that every new mining venture in the area took the word Caradon into their titles from the mid nineteenth century in an effort to raise the profile of the mine thus making it look a better prospect!
The mine worked three main lodes: North Lode worked from Dunlop's Shaft, Harvey's lode worked from Elliott's Shaft and Caunter Lode.
Glasgow Caradon Consols produced 37,500 tons of 7% copper ore between 1864 and 1884.