There is an engine house in a reasonable state and a large open stope was located amongst briar and gorse. A reported line of shafts were not explored but could be seen also amongst the briar and gorse. On the opposite side of the road, an adit was located but could not be investigated as it was dammed and sumped for a water supply. The farmer indicated that he had filled the shaft directly in line with this some years before.
Minerals mined were manganese, iron and copper. Between 1812-1819, some 313 tons of copper were produced from turf containing 10-15% copper when burnt. Between 1840-1880, the mine produced 17,800 tons of manganese and 1000 tons of iron.
The mine was prospected again in 1965 when the main lode was found to contain 23% manganese, 1.7% barytes and 0.75% copper but no further mining has taken place.