In a gorge South West of Myddfai sits a grouping of shafts and levels driven to exploit the lead either side of the river. The mine dates back to around 1770 and was worked for over 100 years. Overall, there are visible remains of a water wheel, two shafts and three levels. One shaft is a couple of feet above the river and the other is a carcass filled air shaft. There is one level on the North East river bank that branches off to two dead ends. Opposite this is the flooded river level shaft and beyond is the longest level currently accessible. A few meters in there is a junction. Straight on passes an aven and after a sinuous course ends. The other level being partially filled follows the river. It intercepts the air shaft that is filled with dead animals. ( Gollums chamber ) Just before Gollums chamber is a trial level that heads back toward the main North South level. Carrying on downstream wise is a flooded passage that ends in infill. Passage can be seen beyond that can be accessed after some digging. The third level is flooded and blocked after several meters. Above the third level is a shaft that needs further exploring. Opposite these portals on the opposing river bank are the remains of the water wheel.