Foulshiels colliery was in the Parish of Whitburn at Stoneyburn and was sunk circa 1900. It closed in 1957, was abandoned in 1958. Its peak workforce was 463 and its peak year of production was 1951. Prior to the NCB the mine was owned by United Collieries Ltd. It had one shaft (No 2 pit) which was 112m deep that also acted as upcast for Loganlea Colliery.
In 1952 output was 580T per day with 428 employees. The mine had baum type washer. The mine was modernised in 1935 by the addition of baths, canteen and a first aid room. The mine used power supplied by Loganlea Colliery.