Entered by Roy Fellows and Roy Morton
Description below by ICLOK,
Known to have worked during the period pre 1854 to 1929.
The mine consisted 3 seperate workings these being Tregonebris Mine, Fatwork Mine and at Colonels shaft. It is likely the original surface working at Tregonebris date from the 18thC and were in work before 1850, post 1854 work was concentrated on Fatwork up to 1875 after which Tregonebris was in operation once more as the main producer, however these workings ran at a loss until 1881 by which time developments at Colonels shaft had started (1880) , the Tregonebris section appears to have gone out of use by 1881 when Rogers 50" engine on engine shaft was stopped having apparently been the last at work in the district. This engine house stands today by the side of the road at SW700315. The shaft is approx 100 Fathoms deep.
The workings at Colonel shaft ended in 1891 but were prospected in 1901 and from 1926 to 1929.
Outputs are as follows - 2,405T of black tin from 1859 to 1891, 2T black tin in 1901. No returns were made for 1926 to 1929.