De Lank quarries in recent years is probably still producing the best Cornish granite available.
Their first internationally known product was the fourth Eddystone lighthouse completed in 1759. The stone for the lighthouse was hewn in a quarry known as 'the Eddystone', now no longer used.
Further examples of the archaeology of the quarrymen are Beachy Head Lighthouse 1901, and the present Eddystone completed in 1882.
The list seems endless. Huge quantities of De Lank granite were exported for constructing the great docks at Singapore and Gibralter and for the Thames Bridges at Putney, Lambeth and Chelsea. The great towers of Tower Bridge are built of De Lank granite. They also had an unusual commission from a Yugoslavian steel works.
A.C. Todd & Peter Laws, 1972, Industrial Archaeology of Cornwall.