Operated by Frodingham Iron & Steel Co Ltd, Appleby-frodingham steel Co from Oct 1934, United Steel Cos Ltd June 1946, BSC Midland group July 1968, BSC General steels division from March 1970 until closure in 1973.
An interesting remaining feature of this system is the locally know 'M1' lorry road intended to be the internal quarry motorway being 30ft wide and running some 4 miles from Nth Colsterworth to the proposed Stoke Benford developments to the Nth. However the development never happened and this relic of the mid 60s still runs across Sth Lincs having never been used. There were no public road connections to it as built.
Very little exists of the quarries or the rail system.