Carn Galver Mine. The name Carn Galver means rockpile at the lookout place. There is a small pumping and a whim engine house on the St Just - St Ives coastal road (B3306). The mine was worked until 1878. It was restored twenty ago by the National Trust. This mine was never really productive and suffered from drainage problems.
Carn Galver Mine appears to have operated 1851–59, and 1871–77, 1882, becoming in 1907 Bosigran Consols
Gurnard's Head copper mine was operating in the 1830's using a 20 inch wide water wheel. Porthmeor Valley - contains many mining remains, including water wheel pits and circular ore washing sites Carn Galver - near the hamlet of Rosemergy, was part of Morvah and Zennor United. It was a very wet mine, and the pump drew water from 780 feet down, with a second engine used to raise and crush the ore. It stopped working in 1878
1871 it employed seventy miners, with an adit 70 fathoms below the surface and a shaft sunk to 130 fathoms. The ore was crushed by a compound steam engine, fitted with two pneumatic stamps. The mine was pumped out by steam power.
Content taken from:
"The St. Ives Mining District, Vol.1" by Cyril Noall (1982)