Located 6 miles South of Ouray. A gold-zinc-silver-lead-copper mine discovered by Thomas F. Walsh (1896) and owned by the Federal Resources Corp. Operated 1896 to 1990. Main ore body is the Camp Bird vein, with replacement ore bodies on three other veins. Produced about 1.5 million Troy ounces of gold to 1990. Also produced 4 million Troy ounces of silver.