The sinking of two shafts took place on Lingard Lane 1889 - 1892. This new pit was known as Bredbury Colliery or Lingard Lane Collieries and it was initially operated by Messrs J & R Stott Milne. Once this had become fully operational it was only working pit in Bredbury. It was situated on the north side of Lingard Lane, close to its junction with Ashton Road and the Horsfield Arms. It was closed in the late 1930s.