Little now remains at the main site, despite its long and chequered history, and most of the tips have been removed for roadstone. Both Main Shaft and Buntings Shaft have been filled, although the headgear on Buntings Shaft was still standing in 1960. A few foundations of the miners’ institute have been preserved as the site of an interpretation board. The Somme Tunnel is still open for 135 yards, with a metal grille at the entrance that is locked in winter to protect hibernating bats. Next to this is the rectangular powder house that is in an excellent state of preservation.
A collapsed building to the east of the road may be the terminal of the aerial cableway which went to Minsterley. There is a collapsed shaft to the east of this.
To the south is the capped Ramsdens Shaft, sunk in 1915, which now lies in a stable yard. The site of Tews No.1 and No.2 Shafts is now covered by trees and a search failed to find them. Either they have been missed in the thick foliage or they were infilled when the trees were planted. Swag Shaft is just in the trees by the side of the track leading to Nipstone Rock but has been filled to the top with tree thinnings. It was descended in 1976 and, contrary to a plan which shows a shaft and crosscut, was found to be an incline shaft. The rock was blackened, perhaps by fire or explosion. A square depression to the south on a large mound may be the Bog climbing shaft shown on old plans.