Barrow Colliery was the final name assigned to coal getting on this site. The 1850 OS map shows the site as part of Oaks Colliery. The 1892 OS map names the site as Rylands Main. The 1902 OS map names the site as part of Barnsley Main. After the closure of Barnsley Main, this section was reopened as Barrow Main in the 1980s.