Mine exploration, photographs and mining history for mine explorers, industrial archaeologists, researchers and historians Mine explorer and mining history videos on YouTube Connect with other mine explorers on Facebook
Tip: do not include 'mine' or 'quarry', search by name e.g. 'cwmorthin', use 'Sounds like search' if unsure of spelling

Advanced Search
'Sounds like search'
Quick a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tip: narrow down your search by typing more than one word and selecting 'Search for all words' or 'Exact search'

Search for any word
Search for all words
Exact search
Tip: narrow down your search by typing more than one word and selecting 'Search for all words' or 'Exact search'

Search for any word
Search for all words
Exact search

Mine Exploration Forum

Author info
Paul Marvin

Avatar of Paul Marvin

Joined: 29/10/2012
Location: Derbyshire

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 11:56:04
Reply |  Quote
Does anybody know if with the current crisis if for eg you can go caving or mine exploration if its with a family member from your own home and you are alone at the venue ? ie my wife and myself only

--

"I Dont Know Where I am Going, But When I Get There I will Know Where I am"
IP: 77.234.43.149
RJV

Avatar of RJV

Joined: 16/03/2008
Location: Cleveland

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 12:04:43
Reply |  Quote
No basically. Unnecessary travel isn't permitted and exposing yourself or others to unnecessary levels of risk is likely to make you as unpopular as it's possible to be in the current climate. IP: 82.24.19.176 Edited: 25/03/2020 12:06:04 by RJV
Digit

Avatar of Digit

Joined: 29/07/2009
Location: North Wales

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 13:02:53
Reply |  Quote
Basically this is a time to sort out all those photos, documents, songs etc that you keep telling yourself you'll do tomorrow.

--

~~~ The future is not what it used to be ~~~
IP: 78.144.94.86
ttxela

Avatar of ttxela

Joined: 04/09/2007
Location: Cambs

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 13:08:55
Reply |  Quote
No, I think taking the advice absolutely literally and staying in apart from the stated exemptions is the way forward. The consensus seems to be that anything else just risks extending the restrictions longer than they need to be.

I'm no expert and I know there will be cynics and consiracy theorists that take other views but this is already driving me absolutely nuts and I want it over as soon as possible.

I really want to ignore the advice but I'm not going to in the hope the advice is removed faster.
IP: 195.171.131.2
Blober

Avatar of Blober

Joined: 16/12/2012
Location: Anglesey

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 13:43:43
Reply |  Quote
Its mostly if you have an accident and cave rescue get called out etc

Same with hill walking and most other outdoor activities.

--

FILTH - Think this is a playground? Think again...
IP: 95.172.232.42
royfellows

Avatar of royfellows

Joined: 13/06/2007
Location: Great Wyrley near Walsall

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 14:01:41
Reply |  Quote
My advice is to just give it a rest for a while until this lot has blown over. The caves and mines will still be there.

--

'' as rare as a Cwmystwyth padlock''
IP: 92.10.67.148
RJV

Avatar of RJV

Joined: 16/03/2008
Location: Cleveland

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 14:28:08
Reply |  Quote
Farmers are starting to get tetchy now about people crossing their land, using gates, stiles etc. IP: 82.24.19.176
lozz

Joined: 03/08/2012
Location: Cornwall

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 14:32:05
Reply |  Quote
Locard.

Lozz.
IP: 81.157.173.92
Digit

Avatar of Digit

Joined: 29/07/2009
Location: North Wales

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 14:35:35
Reply |  Quote
RJV wrote:

Farmers are starting to get tetchy now about people crossing their land, using gates, stiles etc.


That may be because of the bad memories some will have from the compliance with foot and mouth restrictions.

--

~~~ The future is not what it used to be ~~~
IP: 78.144.94.86
Jim MacPherson

Joined: 02/09/2015

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 14:47:05
Reply |  Quote
lozz wrote:

Locard.

Lozz.


Not come across that before Lozz, presume it means a nice person.

As regards farmers get upset - might be linked on a comment from a farmer in Edale about one unpleasant person and a lot of people using a footpath?

I think the general comment has to be don't go out much for a while yet.

Jim
IP: 109.150.47.178 Edited: 25/03/2020 14:59:11 by Jim MacPherson
lozz

Joined: 03/08/2012
Location: Cornwall

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 14:58:00
Reply |  Quote
Jim MacPherson wrote:

lozz wrote:

Locard.

Lozz.


Not come across that before Lozz, presume it means a nice person.


"Every contact leaves a trace"

Lozz.
IP: 81.157.173.92
Jim MacPherson

Joined: 02/09/2015

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 15:03:10
Reply |  Quote
lozz wrote:

Jim MacPherson wrote:

lozz wrote:

Locard.

Lozz.


Not come across that before Lozz, presume it means a nice person.


"Every contact leaves a trace"

Lozz.


There I was assuming it was a bit of quaint Cornishness not a Frenchman's insight, more relevant a quote as said farmer was given a wallop by the unpleasant person.

Jim
IP: 109.150.47.178 Edited: 25/03/2020 15:11:35 by Jim MacPherson
Paul Marvin

Avatar of Paul Marvin

Joined: 29/10/2012
Location: Derbyshire

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 16:16:27
Reply |  Quote
Digit wrote:

Basically this is a time to sort out all those photos, documents, songs etc that you keep telling yourself you'll do tomorrow.


I do that anyway always very regimental with my photos ect

--

"I Dont Know Where I am Going, But When I Get There I will Know Where I am"
IP: 77.234.43.139
Paul Marvin

Avatar of Paul Marvin

Joined: 29/10/2012
Location: Derbyshire

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 16:28:02
Reply |  Quote
royfellows wrote:

My advice is to just give it a rest for a while until this lot has blown over. The caves and mines will still be there.


At least my home gym set up is now VERY handy, shall train for next years masters Mr Universe LOL

--

"I Dont Know Where I am Going, But When I Get There I will Know Where I am"
IP: 77.234.43.139
owd git

Joined: 07/02/2010

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 16:43:36
Reply |  Quote
turbo trainer in t' shed! doing "T' Tour De Shed" later on.Thumb Up IP: 88.107.59.110
royfellows

Avatar of royfellows

Joined: 13/06/2007
Location: Great Wyrley near Walsall

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 17:16:33
Reply |  Quote
This may sound very 'Roy' but good exercise and bit of a buzz in the open air is the art of the Jo Staff. It can be done with an ordinary broom handle and there are 3 katas you can learn off YouTube. Look out for a gentleman named Sato. Best to start with the Saburi to learn the individual moves.

Try it out?

--

'' as rare as a Cwmystwyth padlock''
IP: 92.10.67.148
JohnnearCfon

Avatar of JohnnearCfon

Joined: 22/12/2005
Location: Sir Caernarfon

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 17:24:15
Reply |  Quote

Essential

adjective
adjective: essential


absolutely necessary; extremely important.
"it is essential to keep up-to-date records"
Similar:
crucial
necessary
key
vital
indispensable
needed
required
called for
requisite
important
all-important
vitally important
of the utmost importance
of great consequence
of the essence
critical
life-and-death
imperative
mandatory
compulsory
obligatory
compelling
urgent
pressing
burning
acute
paramount
pre-eminent
high-priority
significant
consequential
Opposite:
inessential
unimportant
optional
fundamental or central to the nature of something or someone.
"the essential weakness of the plaintiff's case"
Similar:
basic
inherent
fundamental
quintessential
intrinsic
underlying
characteristic
innate
rudimentary
primary
principal
cardinal
chief
elementary
elemental
central
pivotal
critical
key
focal
salient
staple
vital
necessary
indispensable
foundational
ingrained

Travel

verb
verb: travel; 3rd person present: travels; past tense: travelled; past participle: travelled; gerund or present participle: travelling; past tense: traveled; past participle: traveled; gerund or present participle: traveling
1.
make a journey, typically of some length.
"the vessel had been travelling from Libya to Ireland"
journey along (a road) or through (a region).
"he travelled the world with the army"
Similar:
journey
tour
take a trip
go on a trip
voyage
go on an expedition
go on an excursion
go sightseeing
globetrot
backpack
roam
rove
range
wend one's way
cruise
hike
trek
tramp
ride
roll
cross
traverse
cover
make one's way over
circumnavigate
go round
move round
move
go
proceed
gallivant
knock about/around
peregrinate
go or be moved from place to place.
"a travelling exhibition"
withstand a journey without illness or impairment.
"he usually travels well, but he did get a bit upset on a very rough crossing"
be successful away from the place of origin.
"accordion music travels well"
2.
(of an object or radiation) move, typically in a constant or predictable way.
"light travels faster than sound"
Similar:
move
proceed
progress
advance
be transmitted
carry


IP: 86.162.32.67
sinker

Avatar of sinker

Joined: 13/12/2010
Location: North Wales.

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 18:31:29
Reply |  Quote
JohnnearCfon wrote:


Essential

adjective
adjective: essential


absolutely necessary; extremely important.
"it is essential to keep up-to-date records"
Similar:
crucial
necessary
key
vital
indispensable
needed
required
called for
requisite
important
all-important
vitally important
of the utmost importance
of great consequence
of the essence
critical
life-and-death
imperative
mandatory
compulsory
obligatory
compelling
urgent
pressing
burning
acute
paramount
pre-eminent
high-priority
significant
consequential
Opposite:
inessential
unimportant
optional
fundamental or central to the nature of something or someone.
"the essential weakness of the plaintiff's case"
Similar:
basic
inherent
fundamental
quintessential
intrinsic
underlying
characteristic
innate
rudimentary
primary
principal
cardinal
chief
elementary
elemental
central
pivotal
critical
key
focal
salient
staple
vital
necessary
indispensable
foundational
ingrained

Travel

verb
verb: travel; 3rd person present: travels; past tense: travelled; past participle: travelled; gerund or present participle: travelling; past tense: traveled; past participle: traveled; gerund or present participle: traveling
1.
make a journey, typically of some length.
"the vessel had been travelling from Libya to Ireland"
journey along (a road) or through (a region).
"he travelled the world with the army"
Similar:
journey
tour
take a trip
go on a trip
voyage
go on an expedition
go on an excursion
go sightseeing
globetrot
backpack
roam
rove
range
wend one's way
cruise
hike
trek
tramp
ride
roll
cross
traverse
cover
make one's way over
circumnavigate
go round
move round
move
go
proceed
gallivant
knock about/around
peregrinate
go or be moved from place to place.
"a travelling exhibition"
withstand a journey without illness or impairment.
"he usually travels well, but he did get a bit upset on a very rough crossing"
be successful away from the place of origin.
"accordion music travels well"
2.
(of an object or radiation) move, typically in a constant or predictable way.
"light travels faster than sound"
Similar:
move
proceed
progress
advance
be transmitted
carry




So we assume the Over 70's Disco is still not of interest then?

Wink



--

Yma O Hyd.... ta-ta ty hâ... IP: 148.252.132.65
JohnnearCfon

Avatar of JohnnearCfon

Joined: 22/12/2005
Location: Sir Caernarfon

View Profile
View Posts
View Personal Album
View Personal Files
View all Photos
Send Private Message
info
Posted: 25/03/2020 19:30:07
Reply |  Quote
I am not over 70, so I wouldn't be allowed in! Laugh IP: 86.162.32.67
Safety LED Miners Caplamps Moore Books: Specialist Books I.A. Recordings: Mining and Industrial History DVDs Starless River - Caving Store Explore a Disused Welsh Slate Mine
Disclaimer: Mine exploring can be quite dangerous, but then again it can be alright, it all depends on the weather. Please read the proper disclaimer.
© 2005 to 2015 AditNow.co.uk
Top of Page