These quarries were operated as Eastern and wester with both connected by a substantial rail network.
Originally operated by Holwell iron Co Ltd, then Stanton from Jan 1918, then Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals from Jan 1950, finally BSC Steel Tube Division Minerals from 29 March 1970 until closure in 1972. The quarry system here had 20 quarries in operation from 1898 to 1972. Geographically the quarries stretched from Buckminster to Sewstern and East to Gunby and ENE to Stainby and beyond... a truly enormous system.
A walk on the 16.07.09 revealed that the Engine shed and workshops were still standing Sth of the Sewstern to Gunby road... and Sth of Stainby there were the remains of the Tipler dock and two level crossing over farm tracks, one with rails.